Bass IQ will award multiple scholarships annually to high school students who will attend a US college or university as a full-time student and participate on a collegiate fishing team.
Bass IQ scholarships will be awarded at national high school championship tournaments and through Bass IQ’s High School Angler of the Month award program that culminates with the Bass IQ’s Coaches’ Choice Award annually.
Bass IQ Angler Of The Month Scholarship
- Selected by a panel of college fishing coaches and Bass IQ staff from across the US
- Must be on a high school fishing team in the US (Freshman-Senior)
- Selected from all active Bass IQ App Users who create and maintain a public and verified profile within the Bass IQ App.
- $500 scholarship awarded to monthly winner (August-April each year), and monthly winner is then eligible for the Bass IQ Coaches’ Choice Angler Of the Year award
- Selection criteria is based on academic and tournament performance, and community involvement
Bass IQ Coaches Choice Angler Of The Year Scholarship
- Selected by a panel of college fishing coaches across the US
- Awarded in May of each year
- Must be a member of a US high school fishing team (Freshman-Senior)
- Selected from the 9 previous Bass IQ Angler Of The Month award winners
- Angler must maintain a public and verified profile within the Bass IQ App
- $2000 scholarship and prize package from our national sponsors
Bass IQ Tournament Scholarships
- Bass IQ will award the following scholarships annually (beginning with the 2019 season) to the top placing teams in each of the following national championship tournaments:
- FLW – Minimum of $1000 to winning team ($500 per angler)
- BASS – Minimum of $1000 to winning team ($500 per angler)
Award and Scholarship Details
- Scholarships awards are payable to winner AND college upon enrollment in a college fishing program in the US. Funds are held in escrow until winner enrolls in college and becomes a member of the college fishing team
- Scholarships can be used toward tuition, books or college/university fees at any US college with a fishing team
- High School anglers must be in high school (Freshman-Senior) AND on a high school fishing team in order to qualify for all Bass IQ awards and scholarships
- Anglers who win a Bass IQ scholarship and choose not to enroll in a US college or university AND fish on a college bass fishing team will forfeit their Bass IQ scholarship
- Scholarship awards are in US dollars
- Recipient is responsible for any taxes on award
- Recipient is required to complete and return scholarship award document to Bass IQ within 10 days of winning
All award decisions are final and at the sole discretion of Bass IQ staff and panel of college bass fishing coaches. Program details are subject to change.